Sunday, July 7, 2013

Andrea's Bachelorette Party

Right after Jackson's party, Paige and I went to work on Andrea's surprise cake for her bachelorette party. Knowing Jackson's cake was dry, we doused Andrea's in lemon simple syrup.

Thankfully the party was inside or this cake would have melted too.


 
I covered a Styrofoam ball in black fondant and cut strips of black fondant to make the chain. The shoe was troublesome. We even considered buying a shoe to place on the cake. Actually, we did buy a shoe, but I have the fondant shoe one more shot and it worked out well.
Paige piped "Congratulations on Your Life Sentence."

 
 Andrea with her cake

Supporting Lagunitas

Corbett, Andrea and Bri
Randi, Andrea, Lesha and I
 

A refreshing gin and tonic after a long day.
 
This was Paige's first visit to Fresno. Thankfully, she had a blast despite the 103 degree weather and waking up at the crack of dawn two days in a row.
 
The next morning, Tim's mom invited us over for a wonderful breakfast: waffles, fresh fruit, potatoes, Marie Callender's muffins and coffee.
 
Breakfast was awesome and my nephew entertained Paige with his toys.
 
This weekend was long and eventful, but I loved making the cakes and coming home to see my family and friends.

\


No comments:

Post a Comment