Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hot Side is Finally Over

Week 3

This week we focused on:
  • Poaching and Simmering
  • Deep Frying, Pan Frying, Egg Cookery
  • The Cold Kitchen
  • Cooking Practical
This week I learned how to make a proper vinaigrette, which is pretty simple. I also poached salmon, made onion rings and made a sandwich I would never eat or serve to everyone... I really do not like Hollandaise. I cannot stress that enough! Also, not a fan of poached eggs.

This week was also our cooking final. My team made a salad with vinaigrette, buttered broccoli, glazed carrots (which I have mastered), and pan seared chicken. Thankfully, I was assigned the vegetable cookery and vinaigrette. Paige fabricated those chickens like a master!

I was thankful to get a B- in this class. Cooking is difficult, especially because I can't try most of the food I make.

My knife skills have improved and I learned cooking techniques I will never use, mostly due to the high fat content. Everything we made contained clarified butter or cream.

I am more thankful this class is over and I will be back in the glorious bakeshop next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment