Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hot Side Week 2

Week 2
  • Sauces and Emulsions; Green Vegetable Cookery
  • Grilling, Broiling, Vegetable Cookery, Demi-Glace
  • Saute
  • Roasting
  • Braising and Stewing
This week had major highs and lows.
1. I had a difficult time making Hollandaise sauce. It's okay, it's probably the worst thing I have ever tasted. I came in early on Thursday to remake this damn sauce. It breaks, it tastes awful and requires a ton of whisking.
2. I cooked meat. Cooking meat is weird. I have no idea how to season it and I overcook the outside every time.
3. Thanks to my sous chef, I was assigned a lot of vegetable cookery. Vegetable cookery was nice after having to cut up a chicken.
4. I learned how to properly tie up an entire chicken and a pork roast. Nice to know, I guess.


I spent some time in the lovely garden this week. There is nothing better than eating a strawberry straight from the vine. The strawberry was so sweet and delicious!

Kale!
 
 
 
Fennel

No comments:

Post a Comment