Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Surrounded By Bread

And I gained 5 pounds the last 3 weeks. It's really hard to not eat all the bread when the loaf was just pulled from the oven.

The first four days I was working on the lamination station. This includes croissant, puff pastry and Danish product. I have finally mastered rolling this wonderful dough out on the sheeter. I indulged in way too many croissants.

Croissants

Bacon and Swiss Croissants

Chocolate Croissants 

Bear Claws

Almond Croissants

I also made, but not pictured, Canella Twists, Cheese Sticks, Whole Wheat Croissants, Apricot Pinwheels and Fig Danishes. 

The next 4 days I slaved over the large spiral mixer and deck oven to make this beautiful bread. 

Boules (the round ones), baguettes, pullman loaves (sandwich bread), and batards (the ones that look like footballs). Sidenote: "batard" means bastard in French. Batard is the shape that is in between a baguette and a boule. Batards resemble footballs or Hey Arnold's head. 

 Back to Front: Baguette, batard, boule, sunflower loaf and cinnamon raisin bread.

 So many baguettes! And Focaccia... Mmmm

The last 4 days I practiced hand shaping rolls, rolls and more rolls. 

Right to Left: Sesame seed rolls, Schlumburger (the ones with the flour) and Kaiser rolls.

Wheat Berrry Rolls (These were so good!)

Hamburger Buns

Cinnamon Rolls

Not Pictured: Pita, Conchas, Multi-grain Breakfast rolls, Ciabatta and Tomato rolls.

I enjoyed this class more than I thought I would. Pulling bread from a gigantic, hot deck oven is horrifying. Forgetting the salt is even scarier and remembering to check on three different bread doughs is no easy task, but I had a lot of fun. Plus, I have to remember to mise and prep for the next day. Oh, so much to do

*I thought I took more pictures (specifically the conchas), but I cannot find them at the moment. If I find the pictures, I will update this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment