Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Magnificent Mile and Lakeshore Drive


I was on the hunt for new shoes so I ventured to Michigan ave, also known as the Magnificent Mile. this street contains every fancy brand known to man and is the biggest tourist trap. I left with no new shoes, but I took some cool pictures of the city.
 


The Moody Church

The Tribune Building

The Water Tower

 Lake Michigan



The Magnificent Mile is home to the Tribune Tower, which is gorgeous. I couldn't get a picture that really shows the architecture. The John Hancock Center and Observatory is also located on Michigan Ave. You can go to the 94th floor and see a great view of the city.

This is the Fourth Presbyterian Church on Michigan.





Lakeshore Drive is a short walk from Michigan Ave. I walked until I found an underpass that took me straight to Oak Park Beach. I walked longer than I wanted to because I couldn't find another underpass to get to the other side  of the highway. 


Lakeshore Drive is an 12 mile trail that follows Lake Michigan. I intend to complete this trail before leaving Chicago. Now it's cold, so I have less motivation, but it will happen. 









No comments:

Post a Comment