Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cubs vs Braves at Wrigley Field

I'm all ready for the game. Today I learned just because it's overcast outside does not mean it is cold. 
I was definitely wearing too many layers. 

The game was great, but the Cubs lost. They were down most of the game, but tied it up around the 7th. In the 9th, the Braves scored 4 runs, leaving the Braves up 9 to 5.

I bought a beer as soon as I got there. I have no idea what it was, but it was fruity and weird. About a 1/3 of the way into my beer, I dropped my nasty bus pass in the cup. Oh well. Later, I bought delicious fake cheese nachos and a second beer that wasn't much better than the first, but I stashed my bus pass in my bag so I couldn't drop it again. 

Wrigley Field Fun Facts:
The stadium was built in 1914, which makes it the second oldest baseball park in the country (Fenway is the oldest). 
The famous moment when Babe Ruth pointed to the outfield and hit a home run took place at Wrigley Field.
Lights were not added to the park until 1988. The first night game took place August 1988.
Seating was expanded by building bleachers on the roofs of the buildings that are next to the stadium.
The original scoreboard is still in tact and has never been hit by a baseball.








These were delicious!

Home run!








 .
I have been on the hunt for the empanada restaurant Tim went to when he visited Chicago. I finally found it! I will definitely be going back for the dessert empanadas. 

I came home to an awesome care package from Mom, Taryn and Melissa. They bought me candy, plantain chips, mac n cheese,tissue, a reusable insulated bag, some school supplies, pictures, Halloween decorations and my favorite tank tops. 






No comments:

Post a Comment