Friday, September 20, 2013

Adventure Time in Lincoln Park

I took the bus from our apartment Kedzie and Armitage to Sheffield and Armitage. I walked 1 mile to Lou Malnati's to get pizza. After lunch, I walked two blocks to Starbuck's to finish a scholarship essay. I decided to explore the area so I walked from Diversey and Sheffield to  Diversey and Lakeview, which is almost to Lake Michigan. I wandered through Lincoln Park. There is a nature museum, observatory and zoo. I didn't explore the exhibits today, but I will soon. I walked all the way back to Armitage through Old Town, which is an amazing neighborhood full of unique buildings. I caught the 73 bus back to the apartment. My excursion was a total of 12 miles!

Some pictures from today's adventure
My first Chicago pizza.

 I got a 6 inch pizza from Lou Malnati's with mushrooms, olives and bell peppers. I was so excited to eat it, I burned my mouth! The crust is not as thick as I expected. It was even a little crunchy. 

After lunch, I walked about a mile down Diversey. I found the Elks Lodge Memorial. I will definitely be going back for the free tour. 





I walked down Lakeview in an attempt to see Lake Michigan. I didn't realize it was a much further walk. I decided to take that adventure another day. 

I ventured across the street into a beautiful park. I walked around the North Pond Sanctuary, the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, the Lincoln Park Conservatory and the Alfred Caldwell Lilly Pool. 

I will definitely be headed back to this area to visit the attractions. 


Around the North Pond



A tiny restaurant tucked away and hidden by trees.





The Lilly Pool





A view of downtown from the park. 


A fountain outside the Lincoln Park Zoo.






No comments:

Post a Comment