Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chicago Update

As of today, I have lived in Chicago for two weeks and I finished my second work week. 

Work is great. I have filled more macaroons than I could ever eat in a lifetime. I have also made almond croissants, frosting, Madeleine batter, lemon and key lime tarts, and macaroon fillings. I have packed the bakery orders, unmolded frozen desserts and made the dreaded dark glaze. 

Dark glaze is a chocolate glaze used to coat frozen desserts. For some reason, the last two batches were not made right. I was given the nerve-racking task to remake the glaze. The ladies were using it today so I must have done it right!

I worked for my first 12 hour day. On Monday, I worked 9 am to 9 pm. We got slammed with a large last minute order. I took a cab home and did it all over again at 5 am on Tuesday. I also worked 8 hours today. Needless to say, I am exhausted. 

Proof I have made things. 
Mini apple compote tarts with streusel 

Almond croissants 

Pate a choux swans with raspberry whipped cream.

The weather sucks. I have been sweating for 3 days. I'm even sweating sitting down as I type this. 
Bring it on Chicago winter! I am ready for the season every one dreads. 

Tomorrow is my Saturday. I must fix my lovely flat tire. The weather will actually be nice so I plan to explore the city a little. I might even treat myself to something real nice to celebrate the 5 pounds I lost. It better stay lost!





No comments:

Post a Comment